Did you know that from the 1st January 2007 it's now a legal requirement for Limited Companies and Limited Liability Partneships to include certain information on their websites and emails?
Here's what you need to show:
- The company name (this might differ from the trading name, in which case the difference should be made clear)
- The company's registered office address (which must be a geographic address, not a PO Box)
- The company's registration number and country of registration
- An email address where the company can be contacted (requirement not necessary for emails)
- If the company is a member of a trade or professional association, membership details, including any registration number (requirement not necessary for emails)
- The company's VAT number if applicable (requirement not necessary for emails).
And just to keep the government happy - here's ours:
Oxford New Media Limited
Company Number: 05565925
Registered in England
Registered Office: 2 Turnberry Close, Bicester, Oxon, OX26 4YQ
VAT Registration Number: 890 1629 014